Working Abroad: Guidance for Allied Health Professionals
This is a comprehensive guide produced jointly by CTI and its sister organisations for Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy. Of particular interest to Speech and Language Therapists interested in working overseas. 73 pages include sections on:
- Preparing to work abroad, finding work, keeping safe, and returning home
- Good practice guidance including approaches to working in low-income contexts, supervision and CPD, getting started in a new country, cultural awareness and promoting sustainability.
- Dysphagia management: advice for practice in low income countries
- Working abroad as a student practitioner
- References for further key reading
To help us to cover the costs of producing this pack, we encourage you to make a donation of £3 before downloading: to do this please visit our Support Us page
Other resources available from CTI:
- A resource pack with information about possible volunteer opportunities for Speech and Language Therapists abroad.
- A list of specific organisations which will provide more information about specific areas of Speech and Language or communication therapy both in the UK and abroad.
- A list of useful contacts which might provide funding, education, training and useful contacts during any overseas placements.